As the COVID-19 pandemic persists to impact the world, Vista Springs continues to focus on preventing the spread of any diseases. Since day one, maintaining strict health and safety guidelines has been our highest priority.
Our team is doing a tremendous job in managing these difficult situations. They are seasoned hospitality and healthcare professionals who have seen similar epidemics and crises. For the past decade, we have continuously prepared for these situations. We are actively monitoring federal and local health organizations to ensure our policies meet or exceed every guideline put into place.
While sustaining the physical health of our community members and staff is our paramount concern. We are also committed to your emotional well-being. Please reach out to your community team if you need any support. We never want you to feel alone, even as we adhere to the important practice of social distancing.
All Vista Spring communities have the following safety measures in place.
- Currently, all visitors, non-essential health care personnel, and vendors are restricted from entering our facilities.
- Community members are self-isolating in their apartments.
- Communal dining and all group activities have been canceled.
- Actively screening community members and staff for fever and respiratory symptoms.
- Screening all staff at the beginning of their shift for fever and respiratory symptoms.
- Vendors delivering packages or supplies at the front entrance must leave items for community staff to deliver to destinations within the building
- Handwashing practices have increased throughout shifts and our staff is ensuring community members follow the same practices.
- Staff will continue to clean and disinfect community members’ rooms.
- We have added additional physicians who specialize in chronic illnesses. We have also partnering with SeniorWell, to provide in-house labs and a clinical services team.
- We are implementing widespread use of our N95 equivalent face mask. The designs and instructions are available for free, in hopes of encouraging widespread use.
- Frequently disinfecting high-touch areas like doorknobs, faucets, and handrails.
- Increased cleaning of high-traffic common areas such as dining rooms and activity spaces.
In spite of these challenges, it is important for you to maintain contact with your loved ones. Our team is focused on helping you connect with your loved ones through this difficult time. Please contact your community if you want to schedule a video call. These often become very special moments that are the highlights of everyone’s day.
Additionally, we want to express our gratitude for our team who is devoted to providing community members with the care and services they require. Their dedication is truly inspiring. All of us at Vista Springs extend our utmost gratitude to the many healthcare workers, who are the real heroes.
Our team is continually monitoring the pandemic and will further adapt our procedures as recommended. We will continue to share updates as the situation develops.